Jahangir Tareen takes oath as member of National Assembly
Jahangir Tareen had defeated Pakistan Muslim League-N candidate Siddique Khan Baloch in the by-polls for NA-154 Lodhran, held on December 23.
The seat fell vacant after Siddique Baloch had been disqualified by an Election Tribunal on August 26 on a petition filed by Jahangir Tareen, who had accused the former of possessing a fake educational degree and committing massive irregularities during the 2013 general elections.
The Supreme Court however set aside the Tribunal's decisions and ordered re-election, allowing Siddique Khan Baloch to take part in the by-polls.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021