Plane crash in Texas kills 10 people: officials
"The Dallas County Medical Examiner has confirmed 10 fatalities and no survivors," a spokeswoman for the town of Addison told AFP.
The plane was heading for St. Petersburg, Florida and was carrying two flight crew and eight passengers, Vice Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Bruce Landsberg said.
There were few details on what caused the crash, which the NTSB is investigating, he said.
"There are any number of possibilities that could occur," Landsberg told a press conference.
Video broadcast by US media showed a massive column of black smoke pouring out of a building at the airport in Addison, as firefighters directed streams of water toward the blaze.
The NTSB investigator in charge of the accident, Jennifer Rodi, said the plane, which had changed ownership recently, hit a private hanger at the airport.
CBS News quoted sources as saying the aircraft lost an engine on takeoff and veered into the hanger.
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021