Raja Pervez Ashraf indicted in Rental Power Plants case
During the hearing, Raja Pervez Ashraf denied all the charges after which the court summoned witnesses on 7th of next month to record their statements.
The accountability court judge Arshad Malik decided to frame charges against the PPP leader on three RPPs including Reshma Power Generation Private Limited, Gulf Rental Power Private Limited and Young Gen Power Limited.
Babar Awan acquitted in Nandipur case 08:04 PM | 25 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court in Islamabad acquitted former law minister Babar Awan in the Nandipur power plant ...
The RPPs case is about private power companies that faced allegations of receiving over 22 billion rupees mobilisation advance from the government to commission the projects but failed to establish the plants, Radio Pakistan reported.
The former prime minister is accused of misusing his authority during his tenure as power minister for approval of increasing payments to the rental power companies from 7 to 14 per cent, amounting to about 22 billion rupees.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader, Babar Awan was recently acquitted in the case and is poised to join the federal cabinet very soon.
- KMC launches drive-in cinema in Karachi’s Clifton11:56 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Local Government Amendment bill passed amid ruckus in Sindh Assembly11:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- AGP detects financial irregularities of Rs40bn in PM's Covid relief ...10:53 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- BANvPAK: Hasan Ali takes 5-51 for Pakistan as Bangladesh all out for ...10:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan’s Muhammad Waseem beats Colombia's Barrera to bag WBC ...09:57 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021