PM Imran gives greenlight for 12 new national parks in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday gave go-ahead for launch of “Protected Area Initiative”, which involves establishment of 12 national parks in Pakistan with the aim to preserve and protect wildlife and plantations.
This initiative is being taken under the umbrella of “Green Pakistan” program, according to the state broadcaster.
Talking to Adviser on Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam Khan in Islamabad, the Prime Minister directed that all the provinces be taken on-board for this initiative at the highest level such as Chief Ministers.
PM Imran Khan directs all provinces be taken on-board for establishment of twelve national parks across country@PakPMO @aminattock #CleangreenPakistanhttps://t.co/wSR1AQmTya pic.twitter.com/RQeWKfn8JS— Radio Pakistan (@RadioPakistan) June 1, 2020
He further emphasized that such initiatives provide employment opportunities in wake of COVID-19 pandemic while at the same time protect natural resources of the country.
PM Imran will launch the “Protected Area Initiative” soon after Ministry of Climate Change completes the process of stakeholders' consultation.
The meeting was in continuation of the “Green Stimulus” package approved by the Prime Minister recently in April, 2020 wherein 65,000 youth and daily wagers would be utilized for plantation across the country that are facing unemployment in wake of COVID-19.
- Pakistan cricket team celebrate Fakhar Zaman’s birthday (VIDEO)08:01 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Confident Pakistan aim for series lead over South Africa07:39 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PSL 6 to resume on June 1, announces PCB06:11 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran seeks Bill Gates’ help in combating climate change05:41 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani student’s documentary bags top prize at global ...03:31 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Jibran Nasir ties knot with Mansha Pasha in intimate ceremony03:22 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Katrina Kaif shares sun-kissed photos from quarantine02:05 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021