PM Imran gives greenlight for 12 new national parks in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday gave go-ahead for launch of “Protected Area Initiative”, which involves establishment of 12 national parks in Pakistan with the aim to preserve and protect wildlife and plantations.
This initiative is being taken under the umbrella of “Green Pakistan” program, according to the state broadcaster.
Talking to Adviser on Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam Khan in Islamabad, the Prime Minister directed that all the provinces be taken on-board for this initiative at the highest level such as Chief Ministers.
PM Imran Khan directs all provinces be taken on-board for establishment of twelve national parks across country@PakPMO @aminattock #CleangreenPakistanhttps://t.co/wSR1AQmTya pic.twitter.com/RQeWKfn8JS— Radio Pakistan (@RadioPakistan) June 1, 2020
He further emphasized that such initiatives provide employment opportunities in wake of COVID-19 pandemic while at the same time protect natural resources of the country.
PM Imran will launch the “Protected Area Initiative” soon after Ministry of Climate Change completes the process of stakeholders' consultation.
The meeting was in continuation of the “Green Stimulus” package approved by the Prime Minister recently in April, 2020 wherein 65,000 youth and daily wagers would be utilized for plantation across the country that are facing unemployment in wake of COVID-19.
- Crucial NSC meeting underway to discuss PM Office audio leaks fiasco05:27 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Imran Khan says US cipher should also be leaked now04:27 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Internal security, flood situation reviewed in Corps Commanders ...04:08 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saboor Aly and Momin Saqib win hearts with latest video03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022