German ambassador eats at a restaurant where even Pakistanis fear eating
Kobler visited Punjab's capital on Thursday and tucked into an ordinary food shop, which even Pakistanis avoid visiting, to make his taste buds familiar with one of South Asian region's favourite food, Chicken Biryani.
Biryani is mixed rice dish of this subcontinent. It is made with spices, rice and meat (chicken, mutton, beef, prawn, or fish).
The ambassador shared the experience on his Twitter stating, "had lunch in a small restaurant in #Lahore. big plate of chicken biryani for 100pkr is a great price. and it was very tasty as well!".
The 70-year-old ambassador’s activities in Pakistan are most definitely warming the hearts of Pakistanis, who have craved for calm and normalcy for almost half a decade. Mr. Kobler, after his appointment to Pakistan, has been to different parts of the country where he mingled with locals, visited local eateries, stopped to buy things from food vendors and traveled in a train.
لاہور کے باذار کی سیر کرتے ہوئےکچھ کیلے خریدے. پاکستانی پھل بہت لذیذ ہیں. pic.twitter.com/JR4TSNQa4t— Alfred Grannas (@GermanyinPAK) September 7, 2017
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- e& International delegation meets key government stakeholders from ...08:34 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Sarah Khan reveals the secret behind her weight loss07:39 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022