German ambassador eats at a restaurant where even Pakistanis fear eating
Kobler visited Punjab's capital on Thursday and tucked into an ordinary food shop, which even Pakistanis avoid visiting, to make his taste buds familiar with one of South Asian region's favourite food, Chicken Biryani.
Biryani is mixed rice dish of this subcontinent. It is made with spices, rice and meat (chicken, mutton, beef, prawn, or fish).
The ambassador shared the experience on his Twitter stating, "had lunch in a small restaurant in #Lahore. big plate of chicken biryani for 100pkr is a great price. and it was very tasty as well!".
The 70-year-old ambassador’s activities in Pakistan are most definitely warming the hearts of Pakistanis, who have craved for calm and normalcy for almost half a decade. Mr. Kobler, after his appointment to Pakistan, has been to different parts of the country where he mingled with locals, visited local eateries, stopped to buy things from food vendors and traveled in a train.
لاہور کے باذار کی سیر کرتے ہوئےکچھ کیلے خریدے. پاکستانی پھل بہت لذیذ ہیں. pic.twitter.com/JR4TSNQa4t— Bernhard Schlagheck (@GermanyinPAK) September 7, 2017
- Hundreds flock to celebrate birthday of Holy Prophet at Iraq’s ...03:38 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Navy thwarts Indian submarine’s intrusion bid: ISPR (VIDEO)02:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates was warned against sending ‘flirty’ emails to a female ...01:34 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto reveals her son's name09:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021