VIDEO: Porsche Cayenne pulls Airbus A380 for new Guinness World Record
The new record was set using a standard £66,676 Cayenne S Diesel, which makes use of a 4.1-litre V8 twin-turbo producing 380bhp, but more importantly, 850Nm of torque, the Auto Express reported on Monday.
More often than not world records are set by fine margins, but the Cayenne has taken the record by a significant gulf - 115 tonnes to be precise.
The previous Guinness World Record for heaviest aircraft pulled by a production car was set back in 2013 by a Nissan Patrol, which managed to tow 170 tonnes of aeroplane.
The car was driven during the feat by Porsche GB technician Richard Payne, who said, “We don’t usually go this far to test the limits of our cars but I think today we got pretty close”.
The record was repeated afterwards using a 562bhp Cayenne Turbo S, too.
- Hong Kong bans flights from Pakistan, other countries over fears of ...01:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran vows to run collective campaign against blasphemous ...01:03 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Physical classes for grade 9 to 12 resume across Pakistan12:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran breaks ground for Margalla Avenue project (VIDEO)11:41 AM | 19 Apr, 2021
- realme Sets its Sights to Capture Infinity with the all new realme 8 ...11:17 AM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021