PTI to observe 'Day of Gratitude' today, delays sit-in
Khan said that he is thankful to those who stood by his side in his 'struggle' against corruption.
The Youm e Tashakkur would be to thank Allah for His Benevolence— PTI (@PTIofficial) November 1, 2016
For giving us such a historical Victory#سچ_کی_جیت
"We tried our best to get justice in the Parliament, but failed," Khan said, adding that he is thankful to Supreme Court for initiating the legal proceedings in the matter.
Khan asked his party workers to go back to their houses and return today to gather at Parade ground to celebrate the 'Day of Gratitude'. "This is a tremendous victory for us," Khan added.
Supreme Court has not stopped us from protesting , we will go ahead as planned @naeemul_haque— PTI (@PTIofficial) November 1, 2016
"I am elated that the investigation into Nawaz Sharif's [alleged corruption] will begin day after tomorrow."
He said he is most grateful to Pervez Khattak for his time and effort. He also urged Islamabad administration to remove all barriers, "otherwise we will forcefully remove it."
He urged Chief Minister Punjab to remove all hurdles in Lahore in the light of Lahore High Court decision. Islamabad High Court has allowed us to hold a rally, he said.
"Our sit-in will take place tomorrow. There will be no change in it," said PTI spokesman Naeemul Haque while talking to reporters outside the Supreme Court.
"Thousands of people are pouring into Islamabad for the protest... no court has stopped us from exercising the right [to holding protests]."
Since Supreme Court has already started investigations, they asked us to call off protest, so we'll abide by that @ImranKhanPTI— PTI (@PTIofficial) November 1, 2016
"We are glad that this commission is going to be set up... it will it will get to the root of the matter...Panama Leaks is a small part of our collective national corruption... the whole system is corrupt here."
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022