PTI to observe 'Day of Gratitude' today, delays sit-in
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) has announced to delay its planned November 2nd sit-in and observe the day of 'thanksgiving' as apex court has initiated the legal proceedings against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Khan said that he is thankful to those who stood by his side in his 'struggle' against corruption.
The Youm e Tashakkur would be to thank Allah for His Benevolence— PTI (@PTIofficial) November 1, 2016
For giving us such a historical Victory#سچ_کی_جیت
"We tried our best to get justice in the Parliament, but failed," Khan said, adding that he is thankful to Supreme Court for initiating the legal proceedings in the matter.
Khan asked his party workers to go back to their houses and return today to gather at Parade ground to celebrate the 'Day of Gratitude'. "This is a tremendous victory for us," Khan added.
Supreme Court has not stopped us from protesting , we will go ahead as planned @naeemul_haque— PTI (@PTIofficial) November 1, 2016
"I am elated that the investigation into Nawaz Sharif's [alleged corruption] will begin day after tomorrow."
He said he is most grateful to Pervez Khattak for his time and effort. He also urged Islamabad administration to remove all barriers, "otherwise we will forcefully remove it."
He urged Chief Minister Punjab to remove all hurdles in Lahore in the light of Lahore High Court decision. Islamabad High Court has allowed us to hold a rally, he said.
"Our sit-in will take place tomorrow. There will be no change in it," said PTI spokesman Naeemul Haque while talking to reporters outside the Supreme Court.
"Thousands of people are pouring into Islamabad for the protest... no court has stopped us from exercising the right [to holding protests]."
Since Supreme Court has already started investigations, they asked us to call off protest, so we'll abide by that @ImranKhanPTI— PTI (@PTIofficial) November 1, 2016
"We are glad that this commission is going to be set up... it will it will get to the root of the matter...Panama Leaks is a small part of our collective national corruption... the whole system is corrupt here."
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020