Aishwarya Rai turns 46, Happy Birthday to Bollywood's beauty queen
LAHORE - Bollywood 's most beautiful actress, Aishwarya Rai turned 46 on Friday (today). Aishwarya made her Bollywood debut with Rahul Rawail’s Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya in 1997, has gone from being a beauty pageant winner to an acclaimed actress and a global glamour icon.
At the age of 21, she won many hearts across the globe with her response to the Miss World finale question. Aishwarya was asked, “What qualities should Miss World 1994 embody?” She answered, "The Miss World’s we have had up to date have been proof enough that they have had compassion, compassion for underprivileged not only people who have status and stature, who can look beyond the barriers that men have set up for ourselves of nationality, colour. We have to look beyond that and that will make a true Miss World, a true person, a real person." She won the Miss World 1994 crown.
To mark the special day, Aish's husband and actor Abhishek Bachchan took to social media and shared a cute post.
Posting a gorgeous photo of the birthday girl on Instagram, Abishek wrote, "Happy birthday Principessa!!!" with a heart emoticon. In the pic, Aishwarya can be seen wearing a strapless cream coloured gown with tulle floral motifs. With her on-point makeup and hair styled to perfection, the stunner looks no less than a princess.
In 2005, Mattel Inc., who first manufactured Barbie dolls in 1959, released its limited-edition Barbie dolls modelled on Aishwarya Rai . The dolls were sold within a few minutes. Aishwarya is one of the very few celebrities who have had a Barbie doll inspired by them.
The former Miss World, who has bewitched many with her beautiful green eyes, has pledged to donate them to the Eye Bank Association of India. Apart from this, she has been doing a lot of charitable work post her Miss World win and has been honoured with a special award at Miss World 2014 ceremony for her charitable work since being crowned Miss World in 1994.
In 2007, Aishwarya Rai married actor Abhisekh Bachchan. The couple was blessed with a daughter, Aaradhya. From being a beauty icon to a versatile actress to a doting mother, she has pulled off every role with grace.
- Zindagi Tamasha: Sarmad Khoosat writes open letter to Imran Khan ...11:37 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, US Senator Lindsey Graham discusses Pak-US bilateral ...11:14 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Iranian missile attacks on US bases in Iraq left 11 soldiers Injured09:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Roof collapse incident claims 4 lives in Swat09:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan to tell US it will not be part of any conflict: FM Qureshi08:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan makes a case for leaving your makeup at home while ...04:19 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler reportedly split after 9 years ...03:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Jemima Goldsmith shares what it’s like to marry a national hero03:26 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019