Death penalty for ex-Iranian official spying for CIA
TEHRAN - An Iranian court sentenced a former Defense Ministry's official to death for spying for the United States, Iran's Judiciary Spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili said on Tuesday.
"A spy working for the Iranian Defense Ministry was sentenced to death on charges of spying for the United States," Esmaili told the judiciary’s news website, Mizan.
The spokesman detailed that the suspect has challenged the verdict and a final decision would be delivered by the appeals court; the official handed death punishment has not been named.
Moreover, two others - Ali Nafriyeh and Mohammad Ali Babapour - have been sent behind bars for 10 years for the same crime while another individual Mohammad Ali Nasab, who was found spying for Britain, was sent to jail for six years.
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019