Death penalty for ex-Iranian official spying for CIA
TEHRAN - An Iranian court sentenced a former Defense Ministry's official to death for spying for the United States, Iran 's Judiciary Spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili said on Tuesday.
"A spy working for the Iranian Defense Ministry was sentenced to death on charges of spying for the United States," Esmaili told the judiciary’s news website, Mizan.
The spokesman detailed that the suspect has challenged the verdict and a final decision would be delivered by the appeals court; the official handed death punishment has not been named.
Moreover, two others - Ali Nafriyeh and Mohammad Ali Babapour - have been sent behind bars for 10 years for the same crime while another individual Mohammad Ali Nasab, who was found spying for Britain, was sent to jail for six years.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019