Power tariff jacked up by 53 Paisa per unit
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led federal government has allowed an increase of 53 Paisa per unit in the power tariff.
The increase in tariff would go into effect from tonight (Oct 2) after the Ministry of Power issued a notification in this regard.
The swell would burden the consumers with Rs53 billion annually, however, the consumers of K-Electric would be exempted.
Lifeline consumers and those who consume less than 300 units monthly would also be exempted from the rise in prices.
The hike, made for a year, has been approved under adjustment and distribution margin of the previous year.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019