Power tariff jacked up by 53 Paisa per unit
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led federal government has allowed an increase of 53 Paisa per unit in the power tariff.
The increase in tariff would go into effect from tonight (Oct 2) after the Ministry of Power issued a notification in this regard.
The swell would burden the consumers with Rs53 billion annually, however, the consumers of K-Electric would be exempted.
Lifeline consumers and those who consume less than 300 units monthly would also be exempted from the rise in prices.
The hike, made for a year, has been approved under adjustment and distribution margin of the previous year.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019