Serial rapist involved in murder of 4 Chunian kids arrested
Addressing a press conference alongside police officers, Cheif Minister Punjab, Usman Buzdar said that Sohail Shehzad s/o Muhammad Aslam was nabbed after DNA matching.
'Relevant departments put in a lot of effort for which I am grateful,' said the chief minister and added that geo-fencing was done for arrest.
The chief minister confirmed that the DNA of the accused matched with the samples collected from Faizan and Ali's clothes - the kids who were killed after sodomy by the suspect.
'I will be personally monitoring the case and the hearing of the case in anti-terrorism court would be conducted on a daily basis,' Usman Buzdar said and added that the prosecutor general would be pursuing the case.
Moreover, Inspector General Police Punjab, Capt (r) Arif Nawaz confirmed that the suspect, 27-year-old, worked at a restaurant; the picture of the suspect was shown to newsmen as well.
The police chief confirmed that the suspect had been convicted earlier as well.
Last month, the bodies of three minor boys believed to have been raped before murder were recovered by police, stirring outrage among locals. Four children aged between eight and 12 years had gone missing in Chunian since June, this year.
Following the incident, Prime Minister Imran Khan said there will be accountability for all and those who do not perform in the interest of the common man will be taken to task.
2) SP investigation Kasur surrendered, charge sheeted and being proceeded against.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) September 18, 2019
3) DSP and SHO suspended.
4) Major overhaul in Kasur local police on the cards.
5) Formal probe ordered under Addl IG.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019