Young doctors' protest enters second day putting lives of patients at risk
Young Doctors Association, a body of junior doctors, launched the protest on Tuesday to press its demands regarding revoking Central Induction Policy and increasing salaries and allowances. The association has also demanded to expel health secretary, Najam Ahmad Shah.
The situation is getting worse for patients from far-flung areas at government hospitals. Yesterday a female patient, Janatul Firdous, died at the emergency ward of Service Hospital Lahore due to medical negligence.
Following the strike by the young doctors, the authorities have called all senior doctors directing them to report for duty as soon as possible.
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022