Punjab health minister sees smart lockdown, SOPs behind declining COVID-19 cases
Lahore: Smart lockdown policy introduced by the incumbent government and implementation on the standard operating procedures (SOPs), had reduced the COVID-19 cases in many districts of Punjab.
Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid said this while talking to a private news channel on Sunday.
She appealed the people to avoid spicy food during Eid-ul-Azha holidays and added over eating and spicy food could pose threat to people's health.
She advised the masses celebrating the Eid ul Azha, in a religious and traditional manner across the country, to keep social distance for protecting their family members from the coronavirus pandemic.
Expressing dismay over the irrational attitude of the people observed and reported through media during last Eid-ul-Fitr, the health minister said there had been a number of patients detected with COVID-19 due to less care and social gathering.
Dr Yasmin Rashid said all citizens should adopt SOPs and avoid high intake of food for maintaining better health during celebrating the festival.
Meanwhile, Senator Faisal Javed said less eating habit and clean environment could keep the people healthy and fresh in their lives.
- IHC bars police from harassing PTI leaders ahead of Azadi March03:28 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Disgraced former Pakistan skipper Salman Butt appointed Singapore ...03:04 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Sindh announces summer vacations for schools, colleges03:00 PM | 24 May, 2022
- House of Allama Iqbal's daughter-in-law raided ahead of PTI's long ...02:22 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Minal Khan's new selfies with shirtless Ahsan at beach go viral06:41 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Abrarul Haq slams Karan Johar for stealing ‘Nach Punjaban’05:54 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Watch - Indian singer Arijit Singh says he is coming to Pakistan05:30 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022