Women cricket set-up needs to be improved: Sana Mir
Talking to a private news channel, Mir said that she had to wait a long time to reach the top of the ranking. “If appropriate facilities are provided to boost cricket structure in the country, players could improve their skills and touch the top ranking in far less time as compare to us", she said.
On the subject of being named in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year and finishing the year as the top-ranked bowler, the 32-year-old said it was an honour for her.
She said "I think about retirement but I also want to continue playing for Pakistan. I will continue to play till the team needs me.”
Mir was recently named in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year. She was selected as part of the coveted ICC squad following her 19 wickets in seven matches and rise to the top of ICC ODI bowling rankings in October.
This is her second ICC recognition after her delivery to Ireland’s Laura Delany in the ICC Women’s World T20 2018 was voted as the Play of the tournament in December.
- Indian troops martyr three Kashmiri youth in IIOJK10:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 27 May 202208:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022