Pakistan committed to play effective role for UN peacekeeping mission: COAS
During the meeting, General Bajwa said that Pakistan would continue to play an effective role for the United Nations’ (UN) peacekeeping operations.
“Pakistan is the largest troop contributing nation for maintaining international peace and security under United Nations flag,” said the army chief.
The visiting dignitary hailed Pakistan’s support for the UN operations saying “we value the sacrifices of Pakistani nation”.
UN hails role of Pakistani peacekeepers 08:40 PM | 23 Mar, 2018
RAWALPINDI - The United Nations has hailed role of Pakistani troops and civilian personnel who served in UN Mission in ...
Earlier, caretaker Minister for Interior, Muhammad Azam Khan expressed that Pakistan would continue playing its positive role for maintaining international peace and security under United Nations flag.
He was talking to a delegation, headed by Under-Secretary-General, United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations, Jean Pierre Lacroix which called on the Minister.
He said the contribution of police personnel under UN peace mission enhances their professional skills and capabilities.
The Under Security appreciated the role of Pakistan in UN international peace mission and said contribution of Pakistan for the purpose are acknowledged worldwide.
He also praised services and professional capabilities of Pakistan police in the peace mission.
- Taliban vow stern action against fighters who removed Pakistan flag ...10:35 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021