Aftab Sultan recuses himself from caretaker CM Punjab post
After the reservations by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz' president Shehbaz Sharif nominated former chief of Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah, former DG Intelligence Bureau (IB) Aftab Sultan, Justice (r) Sahir Ali and former IG Punjab Tariq Saleem Dogar for the post.
Former CM Punjab forwarded these names for consideration after consultation with Party's premier Nawaz Sharif.
Sultan was the inspector general of the Punjab Police during the previous caretaker government and was tasked with the fair policing of the general elections.
He was given extension 3 times during the tenure of PML-N's previous government, moreover, PTI had alleged Sultan for taping calls for sharif family.
Earlier, former Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police chief Nasir Durrani excused from becoming the caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab over health reasons.
- Britain rejects Nawaz Sharif's request for visa extension08:23 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Russia and neighbours begin military drills on Afghanistan border07:58 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi opens up about dealing with relentless trolling04:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021