Pakistan Post to introduce ATM, biometrics for pensioners
The initiative is being started as part of Pakistan Post innovative measures. The BISP beneficiaries and pensioners have to wait in long queues to get their money where sometimes greedy people look for a chance to deceive poor women and aged people in guise of help, official sources said on Wednesday.
"Pakistan Post realizing the situation, is to embark on a reform agenda which would not only help the poor and aged to receive their money at their door step but would generate handsome money for the department", he added.
The sources said in the first phase, Pakistan Post would launch biometrics system in the country and would give money to such people at their homes after thumb verification.
The sources added:"the posts agent would reach their homes and would provide the BISP and pension money after verification through biometrics system". Similarly, the sources said in second phase, the department would launch ATM network through one link with which pension and money order could be received without any troubles.
The launch of these services would also ensure transparency in the department system.
Moreover, the sources said Pakistan Post was also in negotiations with Western Union for receiving foreign remittances. The move would help to improve financial health of the organisation. After connecting with IFS, Pakistan would become connected with worldwide postal services.
"The organisation is also planning to launch online parcel, cash and delivery system under the e-commerce format. Domestic courier market is around Rs 30 billion, e-commerce market is around Rs 2-3 billion, which is expected to reach Rs 60 billion in 2017 and post's share in courier market is Rs 450 million".
A logistics company is going to be established with an investment of around Rs.800 million in the areas including GPS enabled trucking fleet, Ware houses, distribution channels (upgrade post offices, HR training) and information technology (data centre, back-end systems, retail management etc) brand recognition. "Pakistan Post expects to double its revenue in coming years", he said.
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Woman raped on US train while ‘passengers did nothing’07:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins fans’ hearts with soulful voice (VIDEO)04:20 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021