Orange Line Metro Train station damaged in cylinder blast
The explosion occurred in a shop near the University of Engineering and Technology on GT Road, Lahore, due to a gas leakage, local media cited police officials.
A passerby received injuries in the incident and has been shifted to a hospital for treatment by the rescue officials. Following the blast, police, forensic expert and other investigators reached the spot.
Trial run of Orange Line Metro Train carried out 08:22 PM | 26 Feb, 2018
LAHORE - The Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) project was run on a trial basis on Monday. The train, as part of its trial ...
The project, which is financed separately from CPEC, will be Pakistan's first modern rail-based mass rapid transit system and will be a fully automated and driverless system. It will be Lahore's second rapid transit line, after the Lahore Metrobus, which was completed in 2013.
The Orange Line is the first of the three proposed rail lines of the proposed Lahore Metro. The line spans 27.1 km (16.8 mi). 25.4 km (15.8 mi) of the line is to be elevated, while 1.72 km (1.1 mi) km will be underground, and 0.7 km (0.4 mi) of track will be laid in the transition zone between elevated and underground sections.
- Kamyab Jawan and PepsiCo sign up to offer Pakistan’s largest ...03:31 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021