Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest ceasefire violations along LoC
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has lodged a strong protest with India over the recent ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control in Hajipir and Sankh Sectors which resulted in serious injuries to an innocent civilian.
A senior Indian diplomat was summoned to the foreign office on Saturday to register the protest, the Radio Pakistan reported on Saturday.
The Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB) have continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-calibre mortars and automatic weapons. In 2020, India has so far committed 940 ceasefire violations.
The foreign office spokesperson in a statement condemned the deplorable targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian forces saying such senseless acts are in clear violations of the 2003 ceasefire understanding and are against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct.
The spokesperson said these egregious violations of international law reflect consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security.
The spokesperson said that by raising tensions along the LoC and the working boundary, India cannot divert attention from the grave human rights situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The spokesperson urged the Indian side to allow the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolutions.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020