LeJ's Malik Ishaq was all set to join IS before got killed by forces
The security agencies recovered a large cache of badges, pamphlets and flags from the residence of LeJ chief which proved that he had made his mind to joint the world's most dangerous terrorist group, Pakistan daily Express Tribune reported.
The killing of Malik Ishaq prevented emergence of Islamic State in Pakistan and the matter also prompted government to ban the organisation before obtaining solid evidences of it existence in country, the official disclosed.
The unnamed security personnel further added that LeJ was looking for more stable financial resources and IS was the most suitable choice for them. They were all set to more forward this way but forces took action in the same moment.
Malik Ishaq was accused of being behind sectarian killings and attacks on several law enforcement agencies. He was killed along with 13 other associates including his two sons on July 29 this year during a gunfight in Muzaffargarh.
The story first appeared on tribune.com.pk
- Transporters threaten strike as petrol hits record high11:29 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Schools reopen in Punjab, KPK as govt eases Covid restrictions10:52 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran shares what kind of Pak-US relations he looks for (VIDEO)10:23 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- HBL and Indus Motor Company enter strategic alliance10:00 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran embarks on 2-day visit to attend SCO summit in Tajikistan ...09:48 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Mani unveils the secret to happily married life with Hira05:15 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah looks stunning in new car video04:00 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Naseeruddin Shah reveals that Indian govt encourages directors to ...03:00 PM | 15 Sep, 2021