Third Test Day-2: England resume game from 4-0
Openers Moeen Ali and Alastair Cook are present at the crease.
Earlier Pakistan collapsed at 234 runs on the first day.
Skipper Misbah-ul-Haq remained prominent batsman by scoring 71 runs. Six Pakistani batsmen failed to enter double figure scores.
England’s Anderson picked four wickets.
Earlier Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq won the toss and decided to bat first.
Pakistan, 1-0 up after winning the second Test in Dubai by 178 runs, brought in batsman Azhar Ali and paceman Rahat Ali, replacing opener Shan Masood and injured fast bowler Imran Khan.
England decided to play with three spinners after seamer Mark Wood (rested with an ankle problem) and Jos Butler were dropped, including left-arm spinner Samit Patel and James Taylor.
Taylor and Patel are playing their first Test in three years.
The first Test ended in a draw in Abu Dhabi.
Pakistan: Misbah-ul-Haq (captain), Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez, Asad Shafiq, Younis Khan, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed, Yasir Shah, Zulfiqar Babar, Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali
England: Alastair Cook (capt), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Samit Patel, Jonny Bairstow, Ian Bell, Stuart Broad, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Taylor
Umpires: Bruce Oxenford (AUS) and Chris Gaffaney (NZL)
TV umpire: Paul Reiffel (AUS)
Match referee: Andy Pycroft (ZIM).
- T20 World Cup: Netherlands win the toss, choose to bat first against ...02:31 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Zahir Jaffer’s mother gets bail in Noor Mukadam murder case01:42 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan’s Daniyal Mehsood breaks India's world record12:52 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021