Training vital part of every soldier’s professional growth: COAS
The COAS was interacting with the participants during his visit to Army marksmanship Firing Ranges near Jhelum where he witnessed the closing ceremony of 36th Pakistan Army Rifle Association (PARA) Central Meet - the biggest shooting competition of the country - organised after a lapse of five years.
The Army chief appreciated the shooters on their excellent standard of marksmanship.
According to ISPR, a total of 800 firers including 33 civilians of 28 teams from across the country including Pakistan Navy, Pakistan Air force, Frontier Corps, Pakistan Rangers, Coast Guards, Gilgit Baltistan Scouts and Police participated in 22 events during the four weeks long PARA meet.
Pakistan Army won to become champion in Inter Services Firing Competition.
General Raheel Sharif awarded the trophies and medals to the winners and runners up in each category of shooting.
Biggest Military Shooting honour “The Master at Arms Trophy”, “The President’s Cup, National Challenge Match Trophy”, The prime minister “Skills at Arms” big bore and The “Best Shot Match Trophy” were awarded to Lieutenant Saud, Brigadier Shah Nawaz, Lieutenten colonel Junaid waqas and Sepoy Naveed Ahmed of Pakistan Army respectively.
In individual Gold Winners, Jameel Ashraf won Sporting Rifle 300ms, Ahmed Sultan Skeet, while Shameel and Zahid Tufail won Skeet team Gold Medal. 4 x PARA national records were also made during the championship.
He specially appreciated the trainers for optimum utilisation of newly created facility which has not only afforded opportunity to bring forward young talent but also helped train marksmen and snipers who are proving decisive in our fight against terror.
The COAS also directed to conduct more competitions with an increase in civilian participation to encourage and prepare our youth for national and international shooting sports competitions.
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021