NEPRA raises electricity price by Rs1.66/unit
ISLAMABAD – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) has approved to increase electricity prices by Rs1.66 per unit.
According to media details, the increase in the electricity prices has been made for one month under fuel adjustment of August, which will put an additional burden of Rs22.60 billion on the consumers.
According to the Central Power Purchasing Agency (CPPA), 40.33 percent electricity was produced from hydropower plants in August, while 22.89 percent was produced from imported LNG.
13.34 percent of the electricity was generated from coal, 11.87 percent from local gas, 4.66 percent from atomic sources and 3.60 percent from furnace oil resources.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020