Pakistani envoy Raja Ali Ejaz exposes rights violations in occupied Kashmir
RIYADH (Waqar Wamiq) - Ambassador of Pakistan to Saudi Arabia, Raja Ali Ejaz briefed prominent editors and journalists regarding deteriorating human rights situation and atrocities by occupation forces in Jammu and Kashmir .
The talk was held in a candid environment and also included a question-answer session.
The ambassador talked about the genesis of Kashmir dispute and highlighted United Nations Security Council resolutions that promised the right of self-determination to the people of Jammu and Kashmir .
The Envoy emphasized that even the Indian Prime Minister Nehru made a commitment to decide the fate of the state as per the will of the people of Jammu and Kashmir but Kashmiris were betrayed.
Nonetheless, the Kashmiris persisted with their valiant and just struggle for theirs rights till today, the envoy stressed.
The ambassador emphasized that Indian decision to repeal article 370 of the constitution is primarily meant to change the demography of Kashmir . However, the worst part is the restrictions in movement and communication; it is literal imprisonment of eight million Kashmiris in their homes.
The unequivocal support of Prime Minister Imran Khan for the Kashmir cause in the United Nations General Assembly represents the sentiments of Pakistanis and Kashmiris, he said.
The ambassador thanked the custodian of the two holy mosques, HM King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Crown Prince HRH Muhammad bin Salman for their support for the oppressed people of Kashmir .
Moreover, the Ambassador expressed gratitude to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and member countries for their continued support against human rights violations in Jammu and Kashmir .
- ECP appointments' matter to be resolved soon, says Sheikh Rashed07:08 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- US resumes peace talks with Taliban in Qatar06:50 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Maryam seeks LHC’s permission to travel abroad for taking care of ...05:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan names squad for Sri Lanka Tests05:05 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- It was a cap, not a shoe: Asim Azhar01:25 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Fatima Sohail seeks FIA help over 'disgusting leaked' video12:48 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Shahida Abbasi from Balochistan bags gold at Asian games03:17 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019