FIA nabs fake 'Tiger Memon' for harassing girl on Facebook
KARACHI (Web Desk) – The Cyber Crime Wing of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has arrested a fake 'Tiger Memon' who was using a fake ID for harassing a genuine girl on social media networking website Facebook.
According to FIA Sub-Inspector Ghulam Muhammad, a complaint was lodged by a citizen against accused namely Furqan Hassan who was harassing her daughter on Facebook and was threatening her of dire consequences besides sending her immoral and unethical messages.
Following the complaint, the – The Cyber Crime Wing of FIA arrested Furqan Hassan from his house located in Jorya Bazaar area of Karachi and registered a case against him under Section 25/2015.
FIA also confiscated his computer and mobile and started further investigation against him. .
It is pertinent to mention here that FIA has started using Facebook to reach suspects who harass young girls and has been receiving a number of complaints regarding ‘misuse of Facebook and Twitter accounts’, especially from young women.
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019