KPK’s acting IG challenges appointment of IG Salahuddin Mehsud
According to reports, acting IG Syed Akhtar Shah through a petition requested the Islamabad high court to declare the appointment of IG Mehsud as null and void.
Counsel for Akhtar Shah, Barrister Masroor Shah argued that Mehsud was appointed as new IG Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in violation of Police Ordinance 2016 and Supreme Court’s decision regarding promotion of officials by the selection board.
The high court single bench, headed by Justice Amir Farooq, after hearing the arguments of the petitioner’s counsel issued notices to respondents including secretary establishment, IG and others.
The court adjourned the hearing till April 5.
Salahuddin Mehsud was appointed KPK's police chief on Thursday.
A list of three officers was sent to the federal government for posting of the new IGP KP. The list included names of Akhtar Ali Shah, Salahuddin Mehsud and Inspector General National Highways and Motorway Police Shaukat Hayat.
The top slot became vacant after the retirement of Nasir Khan Durrani on March 16.
- PTCL internet services disrupted across Pakistan10:14 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Man kills two sisters, their friend for honour in Peshawar10:04 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police produce Shahbaz Gill in court to seek extension in ...09:22 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:38 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 19 August 202208:16 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- 'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi' slammed for glorifying abuse, violence10:21 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Hira and Mani share hilarious new video from London11:20 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022