KPK’s acting IG challenges appointment of IG Salahuddin Mehsud
According to reports, acting IG Syed Akhtar Shah through a petition requested the Islamabad high court to declare the appointment of IG Mehsud as null and void.
Counsel for Akhtar Shah, Barrister Masroor Shah argued that Mehsud was appointed as new IG Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in violation of Police Ordinance 2016 and Supreme Court’s decision regarding promotion of officials by the selection board.
The high court single bench, headed by Justice Amir Farooq, after hearing the arguments of the petitioner’s counsel issued notices to respondents including secretary establishment, IG and others.
The court adjourned the hearing till April 5.
Salahuddin Mehsud was appointed KPK's police chief on Thursday.
A list of three officers was sent to the federal government for posting of the new IGP KP. The list included names of Akhtar Ali Shah, Salahuddin Mehsud and Inspector General National Highways and Motorway Police Shaukat Hayat.
The top slot became vacant after the retirement of Nasir Khan Durrani on March 16.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021