INF nuclear treaty: NATO avoids arms race' after US-Russia pact ends
Addressing a news conference in Brussels, he said that we have no intention to deploy new land-based nuclear missiles in Europe.
The INF treaty was signed by US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987, but its collapse has raised fears of a new arms race, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Meanwhile, the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has warned that an invaluable brake on nuclear war is being lost. He said this will likely heighten, not reduce, the threat posed by ballistic missiles.
The UN Secretary-General urged all parties to seek agreement on a new common path for international arms control.
- Armeena Khan and Ushna Shah call out Karachi Zoo after a viral video ...10:27 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- 65-years old woman injured in Indian unprovoked firing along LoC09:54 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Price of High Speed Diesel reduced by Rs 2.40 per liter09:10 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan's nuclear, strategic capability safe and secure: PM Imran08:53 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- ECC raises electricity prices, gas meter rent11:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020