Pakistan earns over $203 million by exporting transport services
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan earned $203.105 million by providing different transport services in various countries during the first quarter of current financial year (2019-20) as compared to the corresponding period of last year.
This shows decrease of 0.95 percent as compared to $205.050 million earned through provision of services during the corresponding period of fiscal year (2018-19), Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) reported.
During the period under review, the exports of air transport witnessed an increase of 3.74 percent by going up from $179.080 million last year to $185.775 million during July-September (2019-20).
Among the air transport services, the exports of passengers services increased by 20.77 percent, from $94.720 million to $114.390 million, whereas the exports of freight services also grew by 31.39 percent, from $3.950 million to $5.190 million.
The exports of sea transport services declined by 50.22 percent, by going down from $13.440 million last year to $6.690 million this year.
Among the sea transport services, the exports of freight services witnessed decrease of 8.33 percent by declining from $4.200 million last year to $3.850 million whereas the exports of other sea transport services also decreased by 69.26 percent from $9.240 million to $2.840 million this year, the PBS data revealed.
CPFTA Phase II: Pakistani traders can now export ... 12:31 PM | 2 Dec, 2019
ISLAMABAD/BEIJING – The second phase of China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA) came into the effect from ...
Meanwhile, the exports of road transport services during the period under review witnessed a decline of 17.14 percent by going down from $11.320 million to $9.380 million during this year, it added.
Among the road transport services, the exports of freight services increased by 4.34 percent, from $8.990 million to $9.380 million during current year, while the export of postal and courier services also increased by 4.13 percent, from $1.210 million to $1.260 million, the data revealed.
- PTI steps up for presenting soft image of Pakistan to world07:19 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- ECP appointments' matter to be resolved soon, says Sheikh Rashed07:08 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- US resumes peace talks with Taliban in Qatar06:50 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Maryam seeks LHC’s permission to travel abroad for taking care of ...05:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan names squad for Sri Lanka Tests05:05 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- It was a cap, not a shoe: Asim Azhar01:25 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Fatima Sohail seeks FIA help over 'disgusting leaked' video12:48 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Shahida Abbasi from Balochistan bags gold at Asian games03:17 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019