Pakistan earns over $203 million by exporting transport services
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan earned $203.105 million by providing different transport services in various countries during the first quarter of current financial year (2019-20) as compared to the corresponding period of last year.
This shows decrease of 0.95 percent as compared to $205.050 million earned through provision of services during the corresponding period of fiscal year (2018-19), Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) reported.
During the period under review, the exports of air transport witnessed an increase of 3.74 percent by going up from $179.080 million last year to $185.775 million during July-September (2019-20).
Among the air transport services, the exports of passengers services increased by 20.77 percent, from $94.720 million to $114.390 million, whereas the exports of freight services also grew by 31.39 percent, from $3.950 million to $5.190 million.
The exports of sea transport services declined by 50.22 percent, by going down from $13.440 million last year to $6.690 million this year.
Among the sea transport services, the exports of freight services witnessed decrease of 8.33 percent by declining from $4.200 million last year to $3.850 million whereas the exports of other sea transport services also decreased by 69.26 percent from $9.240 million to $2.840 million this year, the PBS data revealed.
CPFTA Phase II: Pakistani traders can now export ... 12:31 PM | 2 Dec, 2019
ISLAMABAD/BEIJING – The second phase of China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA) came into the effect from ...
Meanwhile, the exports of road transport services during the period under review witnessed a decline of 17.14 percent by going down from $11.320 million to $9.380 million during this year, it added.
Among the road transport services, the exports of freight services increased by 4.34 percent, from $8.990 million to $9.380 million during current year, while the export of postal and courier services also increased by 4.13 percent, from $1.210 million to $1.260 million, the data revealed.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019