Pakistani man indicted over spying accusation for Iran
Federal prosecutors said that the 31-year-old, identified only as Syed Mustufa H, has been charged due to German privacy rules. "He was in contact with the unnamed spy agency since 2011", The Times of Israel reported on Monday.
In a statement, prosecutors said the man began spying on the former head of a group that promotes German-Israeli relations by July 2015 at the latest.
He is alleged to have received money in return for passing on information obtained about the ex-head of the German-Israeli Society.
The suspect faces up to five years imprisonment if convicted of espionage.
- Punjab govt school students to get Rs3,000 stipend under Waseela ...10:53 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Rawalpindi woman lands in jail for 5 years for hurling purse on ...10:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021