2,080 billion rupees taxes collected during last six months, says Chairman FBR
ISLAMABAD - Chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Shabbar Zaidi has said that 2,080 billion rupees tax collection has been made during the last six months.
Talking to a private news channel, he said approximately 21 billion rupees have also been collected from five export sectors.
The Chairman FBR said the present government has set new targets for tax collection while documentation of jewellery industry would also be streamlined.
Replying to a question, he said the government is going to introduce "point of sales system" on restaurants as they are charging 16 percent tax from their customers, but they least bother to deposit tax to the concerned department, the Radio Pakistan reported.
To another question, Shabbar Zaidi replied that there are some areas in the Real Estate business, where an effective evaluation is required to check the system.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020