Ishaq Dar makes maiden appearance before Panamagate JIT
Sources privy to the development stated that Dar on Sunday received copies of his financial record from Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) officials. Moreover, financial record of the finance minister for the years 2003 to 2006 is missing in the FBR record.
A spokesperson of Finance Ministry confirmed that the summon notice issued on June 28 was received on Sunday, further adding that the minister did not receive any summon notice before, reported Geo News.
Earlier today, Prime Minister Nawaz Shairf's son Hassan Nawaz appeared before the team for third time to record his statement.
JIT going against the grain as Panama case summed ... 02:07 PM | 3 Jul, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The younger son of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Hassan Nawaz said on Monday that the Joint Investigation ...
Earlier, Hassan Nawaz appeared before the JIT on June 2 where he was grilled for seven hours. He made his second appearance before the investigators on June 8.
The JIT has also called Hussain Nawaz who is due to appear on July 4. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s daughter Maryam Nawaz will make her first appearance before the team on July 5.
Supreme Court’s Deadline
On June 22, the team submitted its third and second-last fortnight inquiry report to the implementing bench.
While hearing the case, a three-member bench headed by Justice Ejaz Afzal and comprising Justice Azmat Saeed and Justice Ijazul Ahsan had directed the investigation team to file its final report by July 10 as the court did not want to give more time for investigation.
The Supreme Court decided to begin investigating the Sharif family in November last year after the main political parties failed to agree on a committee to probe the April 2016 Panama Papers leaks, and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan threatened mass protests and to ‘shut down Islamabad’ in protest on November 2.
On April 20, the five-member Supreme Court bench gave its verdict in the case with the judgment split 3-2 in favour of a further probe against the premier’s family wealth. The other two judges had ruled that sufficient evidence was available for the prime minister to be de-seated.
The JIT – formed on May 6 – was given 60 days to complete its probe into the Sharif family’s international financial dealings and submit its report to the Supreme Court’s special implementation bench overseeing its proceedings.
The JIT team is headed by Federal Investigation Agency Additional Director Wajid Zia, and includes members from Inter-Services Intelligence, Military Intelligence, SECP, State Bank of Pakistan and NAB.
- Pakistan administers over 1 million COVID vaccines in a day12:48 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021