US' McCain urges Pakistan, India to settle Kashmir dispute through dialogue
The delegation met the Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz and other officials including Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua and discussed discussed different issues regarding security and bilateral cooperation.
During the meeting, Senator McCain, who is also chairman of Senate Armed Services Committee, acknowledged the contributions and sacrifices rendered by Pakistan to eliminate terrorism. He stressed continued engagement with Pakistan.
Sartaj Aziz said that strategic partnership between Pakistan and US was essential to bring peace and stability to the region and beyond.
He also briefed the delegation about Pakistan's achievement in fighting terrorism through Operation Zarb-e-Azb and Radd-ul-Fassad.
He highlighted that Pakistan remained committed to support efforts for durable peace and stability in Afghanistan.
Aziz also raised concern over the inhumane activities of Indian forces in occupied Kashmir.
According to Radio Pakistan, the Adviser further stressed that Pakistan firmly believed in the legitimacy of the Kashmir cause and peaceful struggle of the Kashmiri people to claim the right to self-determination.
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021