Woman convict in India dies after jailors insert stick into her private parts
According to the witness, jailors held thirty-eight year old's Manjula Shetye's legs apart and inserted the lathi into her private parts.
Manjula was left bleeding in the barrack, and no help was offered by the jail authorities, the witness said. It was only after Manjula fell unconscious in the bathroom that she was taken to the resident doctor at the jail who immediately asked for her to be transferred to JJ Hospital. Manjula died at the hospital, HT's report added.
The post-mortem examination report from JJ hospital stated that Manjura had about 11 to 13 contusions all over her body. The dean of JJ hospital said the woman’s lungs were damaged.
The police started an investigation and based on the witness’ statement, an FIR accusing the five constables and the jail officer of murder has also been filed.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:47 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan reports 4,858 new cases, 40 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:11 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 August 202108:46 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Rain frustrates Pakistan's bid to win West Indies T20I series11:58 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan hopeful India will ‘act fairly’ as head of UNSC11:44 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021