Boxing legend Muhammad Ali taken to hospital
PHOENIX, Ariz. (Web Desk) - Boxing great Muhammad Ali is being treated in hospital for a respiratory issue, his spokesman said on Friday.
Ali, 74, is being treated by doctors as a precaution and is reportedly in "fair condition". A brief hospital stay is expected, the spokesman for the former world heavyweight champion.
Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1984, after quitting boxing.
The three-time world champion was last hospitalised in January 2015 following a severe urinary tract infection.
A family spokesman confirmed Ali's condition to the American media but did not divulge which hospital was treating him or when he was admitted.
The last several years has seen the former boxer’s public appearances diminish as he continues to battle the crippling condition. Recently, he was forced to cancel a planned trip to London to open an exhibition on his life.
Two years ago reports surfaced the Olympic gold medalist’s health had deteriorated so much he was unable to speak. It led him to miss the premiere in Hollywood of the new I Am Ali movie, due to his frailty.
It is unknown where Ali fell ill but it is likely to be in one of his homes in Arizona, Michigan and Kentucky.
He lifted the world heavyweight title three times and had legendary rivalries with Joe Frazier and George Foreman, both legendary boxers in their own right.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020