Son of Delhi's Shahi Imam to marry Hindu woman
The two have been in a relationship for couple of years, the DNA reported.
According to a report in Patrika, the Shahi Imam - who was earlier against this marriage - agreed to this only after the soon-to-be-bride gave her consent to follow Islam.
He was quoted saying in Jagran that the girl is studying verses of the holy Quran.
The name of the girl, however, has not been disclosed. Preparations are already going on as the marriage is to take place on November 13 for which Dawat-e-Walima (reception) will be organised on November 15.
A farmhouse has been booked in Mahipalpur for the same.
Shahi Imam has declared his son Shaban his successor and the Nabi Imam in a grand ceremony held in November last year at Jama Masjid.
The Masjid-i Jahān-Numā, commonly known as the Jama Masjid of Delhi, is one of the largest mosques in India.
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Govt to table resolution on French envoy’s expulsion in NA today: ...09:39 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports 5,445 new cases, 137 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:07 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021