Non-filers banned from purchasing vehicles, property again
Presenting the supplementary finance bill in the National Assembly, Finance Minister Asad Umar announced that the ban that the government had earlier lifted has been imposed again. The lower house of the Parliament passed the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill 2018 with a majority.
"Non-filers still have time, they can pay their returns and become eligible to purchase property and vehicles again," the minister said.
Income tax non-filers allowed to purchase new ... 01:03 PM | 18 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD – Finance Minister Asad Umar presented the supplementary Finance Bill in the National Assembly on Tuesday, ...
Asad clarified that non-filers will be able to purchase motorcycles under 200cc while overseas Pakistanis and those acquiring property through inheritance will be exempted from filing tax returns.
“No one should think that they will escape unscathed. Those who have massive funds in banks, their details will be obtained. Non-filers should be told that the state is not as weak as it appears and has the ‘strength’ to retrieve money from them,” he warned.
“A campaign against non-filers was initiated a day earlier and 169 big no-filers have been issued notices," he told the NA session chaired by Speaker Asad Qaiser. "A second phase of the campaign will also be launched this week and notices will be sent out to thousands."
"We will catch those non-filers who have stashed huge amounts in their bank accounts," he added.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021