PM Imran warns of regional crisis after India's fresh aggression along LoC
In a series of Tweets on Sunday, the premier deplored the use of cluster munitions in violation of 'international humanitarian law and it's own commitments under the 1983 Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons'.
The premier asserted that people in Kashmir should be allowed to exercise their right to self-determination according to United Nations Security Council resolutions.
It is time to end the long night of suffering for the people of Occupied Kashmir. They must be allowed to exercise their right to self determination according to UN SC resolutions.The only road to peace & security in South Asia runs through a peaceful & just settlement of Kashmir— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 4, 2019
Pakistan's premier said it was time to end the long night suffering of the people in Kashmir; the premier also referred the offer extended by US President, Donald Trump to mediate on the issue.
President Trump offered to mediate on Kashmir. This is the time to do so as situation deteriorates there and along the LOC with new aggressive actions being taken by Indian occupation forces. This has the potential to blow up into a regional crisis.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 4, 2019
The deployment has stirred panic among the residents of the restive valley as well as the political observers.
Pakistani military’s media wing says Indian Army has used cluster ammunition along the Line of Control deliberately targeting civilian population in clear violation of Geneva Convention and international humanitarian law.
According to the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the Indian army on the night of 30th and 31st July targeted innocent citizens including women and children in Neelum Valley through artillery using cluster ammunition.
- 18 soldiers among 26 dead in massive landslide in India’s Manipur04:55 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- vivo Y55 launched in Pakistan, price, camera, full specifications04:30 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan Railways to run three special trains on Eidul Adha03:28 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Top Pakistani general discusses bilateral security with Iranian ...03:05 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Asad Rauf: Former ICC umpire not ashamed to sell second-hand items in ...02:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan shares tips to get viral on social media01:33 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Model Fia Khan faces backlash over bold pregnancy photoshoot11:51 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Hareem Farooq and Imran Abbas channel 70s vibes in latest BTS video11:00 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022