RARE PHOTO: Boxing legend Muhammad Ali meeting Sultan Rahi, visiting Data Darbar in 80's
According to local media reports, the world-renowned boxer also laid a floral wreath at the grave of Sufi saint Ali Hijveri, offered Fateha and remained there for some time.
A rare picture of the boxing icon with late film star Sultan Rahi during his visit to Pakistan, is also circulating on social media.
During his visit to Lyari, Karachi, the boxing legend met Pakistan's boxing great Jan Muhammad Baloch, who died in 2012.
Media reports also suggest Muhammad Ali met the then chief minister, Nawaz Sharif, and other members of Sharif family in Lahore. The legendary boxer also enjoyed the traditional food of Lahore.
The boxing king passed away on Saturday in a US hospital after prolonged illness.
Related: Boxing great Muhammad Ali dies at 74
The 74-year-old former heavyweight world champion was hospitalized on Thursday with a respiratory issue, which US media reported was complicated by his Parkinson’s disease.
The three-time heavyweight champion, who retired from the ring in 1981 after a defeat to Trevor Berbick, has been hospitalized multiple times in recent years.
He spent time in hospital in 2014 after suffering a case of mild pneumonia and again in 2015 for a urinary tract infection.
Nicknamed “The Greatest”, Ali retired from boxing in 1981 with a record of 56 wins, 37 by knockout, and five losses. Ali’s was diagnosed with Parkinson’s about three years after retirement.
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- UN chief refuses to take action on US request to restore sanctions ...09:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020