Chinese engineer found dead inside embassy in Islamabad
Yang Peng was working as an engineer at the Chinese embassy in the federal capital city; his body was recovered 12 days after his death from his room, according to Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Islamabad Najeeb-ur-Rehman Bugvi.
He added that there were no visible marks of torture on the body.
The cause of the death has yet to be ascertained. Police shifted the body of 35-year-old to PIMS Hospital and have launched investigations.
According to a police complaint filed by Chinese Counsellor Shez Zicheng, Peng worked at the mission; he was given a room at the embassy where he was currently residing as he was not involved in any construction work.
Though the body was recovered on Monday, a stench began emanating from his room on June 3, the complaint said.
- Supreme Court orders formation of JIT comprising ISI, IB officials to ...01:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan FM Bilawal Bhutto to visit Indonesia, Singapore from today12:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘Sanak’ cast spotted in Lahore10:32 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022