Swara Bhasker: My goodwill towards the people of Pakistan remains unchanged
"I don’t know why people think I’m a spokesperson for the Pakistani government,” she said. “What do you expect from a state that’s run by Sharia Laws?"
Swara's statement ignited a lot of backlash from Pakistan, including Pakistani celebrities like Mehwish Hayat, Armeena Khan, Urwa Hocane and Gohar Rasheed on social media.
Pakistan is the country that you @ReallySwara referred to,in 2015, as the “Best country you have ever visited” and it has only gotten better in the last few years in every aspect along with when it comes to having bigger hearts and welcoming our guests . 1/3— URWA HOCANE (@VJURWA) June 2, 2018
#SwaraBhasker prior to your recent interview I've never heard your name or known of your existence in #Bollywood. Hence this is when I found out about you, and your change of opinion on #Pakistan.— Mirza Gohar (@GoharRsd) June 3, 2018
My first reaction was, what a “typical old school mentality”, (1/10)
The comments made by @ReallySwara & Kangana Ranaut earlier just go to prove the point that I have been https://t.co/8RoaMTehPK cannot ignore 70 years of history & when the chips are down their nationalism will always come up trumps.The fault lies with us who see their indust..1/2— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) June 3, 2018
The actress has now come forward with a tweet saying that her goodwill towards the people of Pakistan remains unchanged despite the chain of events.
🙈🙈🙈🙈 Dushman ka dushman Dost!!! I’m totally okay with with being the dushman in this case if it brings some dosti to us bickering neighbours :) :) Peace and love guys! ❤️ https://t.co/Fz82K6Wj9b— Swara Bhasker (@ReallySwara) June 3, 2018
She didn't seem to fail to see the humour in the situation.
Last, the actor tweeted her stance upon her regard for the people of the neighbouring country.
Thanks Anshul! there should we a distinction between States/ govts of a country & the people of that country. My regard for & goodwill towards the people of #Pakistan remains unchanged. Some of my closest friends are Pakistani. Lahore remains one of my soul cities. ❤️❤️💕💕 https://t.co/JHImDSnwKU— Swara Bhasker (@ReallySwara) June 4, 2018
"They’re (Pakistan) a nonsecular state. I’m not surprised at all. Why should we hold up Pakistan, which is a failing state — I don’t understand why we keep taking pleasure and feeling a sense of self-worth from all the silly things that happen in Pakistan. Apologies to all my Pakistani friends right now. Rest assured, Pakistanis have way worse vocabulary than we do. I know," Swara had said in her interview earlier prior to the backlash.
- SEDF, U Bank join hands for provision of subsidised credit to MSMEs ...11:19 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Afghanistan condemns Pakistan embassy attack, assures action against ...10:49 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG, Day 3: Abdullah, Imam slam tons as Pakistan continue to ...10:18 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US keeps Pakistan on violators of religious freedom list09:44 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Polling for second phase of LG election underway in AJK09:14 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Sania Mirza shares more pictures with son amid divorce rumours07:53 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022