Afghan president to visit Pakistan on June 27
In his speech after Eid prayers earlier today, Ghani said that the visit was agreed on after he met Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan last week on the sidelines of a meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Saudi Arabia.
“I hope the visit will be positive,” Ghani said after offering Eid prayers in Dilgosha Mosque of Presidential Palace.
14th OIC Summit: Imran, Ghani discuss bilateral ... 09:31 PM | 31 May, 2019
MAKKAH – Prime Minister Imran Khan Friday held a bilateral meeting with President of Afghanistan Ashraf Ghani in ...
Kabul has been long accused Pakistan of harbouring Taliban militants who launch attacks inside Afghanistan, but Ghani said he was hopeful that years of mistrust can be replaced by mutual trust and cooperation toward peace.
Last week, Zalmay Khalilzad, the US envoy seeking a peace deal with the Taliban, held talks in Islamabad with senior Pakistani officials, including Khan and Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
- Pakistan's Arshad Nadeem wins gold medal at Islamic Solidarity Games10:26 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Controversial writer Salman Rushdie stabbed in New York09:24 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Mansha Pasha and Ahmed Ali Akbar to star in 'The Idiots'08:25 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Popular YouTuber Nadir Ali blessed with a baby boy06:48 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022