Gen Bajwa pledges full military support for combating locust threat
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday reiterated the Army's help to help civil administration in combating locust threat with all resources available.
According to ISPR, the army chief stated this during his visit to National Locust Control Center (NLCC) Rawalpindi.
He was briefed by Engineer in Chief (E-In-C) Lieutenant General Moazzam Ejaz, Chief Coordinator NLCC, about the efforts being undertaken to counter locust threat.
COAS appreciated NLCC role in synergizing national efforts in line with the National Action Plan.
Army chief further stressed that effective control operations are essential for ensuring food security in the country and in mitigating the negative economic impact.
Earlier in February this year, Prime Minister Imran Khan had declared a national emergency in response to swarms of desert locusts in the areas of South and upper Punjab of the country.
The outbreak of the desert locust disaster in Pakistan has a serious impact on agricultural production and food security.
- PM Imran to visit Diamer Basha dam project next week11:25 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran warns of Srebrenica like massacre in IOJ&K similar to as ...10:55 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020