Ex-Senate chairman Nayyar Bukhari booked for slapping cop outside Islamabad court
Bukhari, who is a senior leader of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and a sitting senator, arrived at a local court where a police guard at the entrance wanted to conduct his snap-checking.
Irked by the act, Bukhari’s guard slapped plain-clothed police constable Riaz before they entered the court. “Don’t you know who am I?” Bukhari said, according to an eyewitness.
The head constable from Special Branch went straight to a sessions judge for complaint but he did not pay heed.
The policeman, later on, filed a written complaint against the senator and his bodyguard in an Islamabad police station.
Meanwhile, IG Islamabad Tariq Masood ordered Bukhari’s arrest after police registered an FIR against him in F-8 police station of Islamabad.
IGP Tariq Masood Yasin has said that police personnel offer sacrifices of their lives for safety of VIPs and should not be treated the way Bukhari did. He has vowed to set an example out of the case for future.
Bukhari has served as Chairman of the Senate from March 2012 to March 2015.
- T20 World Cup: Oman win the toss and elect to field first against ...02:37 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- WATCH: PML-N’s Azma Bokhari slaps man who misbehaved with her at ...12:56 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- 'Professor' Mohammad Hafeez turns 4112:06 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Vicky Kaushal spills the beans on engagement plans with Katrina Kaif11:26 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Malala all praise for Adele on new single's release05:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021