Political exploitation of PIA crisis will not be allowed: Khawaja Asif
Talking to a news channel, he said the protesting employees of PIA could not hold hostage the government and the entire nation.
The Minister said PIA was getting bailout package worth billions of rupees every month, adding the national flag carrier strike was affecting general public.
He said the government was privatizing some shares of PIA to make it a profitable entity through strategic partnership which was in the larger national interest.
Replying to a question about the job security of the employees, Khawaja Asif said layoff of employees was not a policy of the government.
He said after the assurance given by Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif regarding job security, no one should raise this question.
Khawaja Asif said the government would not come under any pressure to halt the privatization process.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021