COAS Bajwa visits National Locust Control Center
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Qamar Javed Bajwa, visited National Locust Control Center (NLCC) here.
He was briefed by Engineer in Chief (E-In-C) Lieutenant General Moazzam Ejaz, Chief Coordinator NLCC, about the efforts being undertaken to counter locust threat, said an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release.
COAS visited National Locust Control Center #NLCC Rwp. Was briefed by Lt Gen Moazzam Ejaz, Chief Coordinator NLCC, about efforts being undertaken to counter locust threat. COAS appreciated NLCC role in synergizing national efforts in line with National Action Plan. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/ulpzmf1hvd— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) June 4, 2020
COAS appreciated the NLCC's role in synergizing national efforts in line with the National Action Plan. COAS reiterated that the Army will make all possible resources available to help civil administration in combating locust threat.
He further stressed that effective control operations are essential for ensuring food security in the country and in mitigating the negative economic impact. The government has already declared a national emergency in this regard.
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan allows second consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav05:18 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program budget increased to Rs203 billion04:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020