ECP terms presidential order ‘ambiguous’, 'unclear'
ECP officials, according to reports, informed the federal law ministry that the commission was unable to hold polling in compliance with the new ordinance, and termed it as 'ambiguous' and 'unclear'.
The ECP has requested the ministry to review the ordinance that allows every MP from FATA to cast only vote, instead of four in accordance with the 2002 presidential order.
Earlier today, the MPs from Tribal Areas moved the Islamabad High Court, praying to overturn the discriminatory ordinance issued by the president on the advice of the prime minister.
Leader of the Opposition in National Assembly, Khursheed Shah, also termed the ordinance an overnight move by the government to gain one more seat in the Upper House of Parliament.
The ECP postponed the Senate elections for FATA seats after the situation went awry.
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Yemen's Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia village04:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021