PML-N's Senate strength swells to 34 as independent Senator Mirza Muhammad Afridi joins party
Afridi announced joining the embattled PML-N after a meeting with former Prime Minister and PML-N's 'Quaid for life' Nawaz Sharif on Monday.
PML-N backed candidates win 15 seats in Senate ... 08:38 AM | 3 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) enjoys a clear lead in the number of seats in the Senate ...
Mirza Muhammad Afridi had won the elections for the upper house of the parliament by securing 7 votes, a notification for which was issued by the Election Commission of Pakistan as well.
Mirza Muhammad Afridi, cousin of Peshawar Zalmi Chairman Javed Afridi, is among the four successful candidates from the region who made it to the Senate. As many as 25 aspirants were in the run for the Senate seats from Fata.
With the inclusion of Afridi, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz now has 16 new Senators and its total strength would swell to 34 on March 12th, after the entrants take oath of their office.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021