PM Imran invites Russian premier to visit Pakistan
SHANGHAI - Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan met his Russian counterpart, Dmitry Medvedev, on Monday on the sidelines of International Import Expo in Shanghai.
Earlier today, PM Imran, who is on his first official visit to China since assuming charge as the country’s premier, addressed the opening ceremony of the conference.
PM Khan met Russian Prime Minister and invited him to visit Islamabad. Medvedev congratulated PM Imran on assuming charge of the country.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Minister for Finance Asad Umar and Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce Abdul Razzak Dawood were present during the meeting.
PM Imran Khan meets Russian Prime Minister D A Medvedev in Shanghai.— Tehreek-e-Insaf (@InsafPK) November 5, 2018
Minister for Foreign Affairs @SMQureshiPTI Qureshi, Minister for Finance @Asad_Umar and Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce Mr. Abdul Razzak Dawood were present during the meeting.#PMIKatCIIE pic.twitter.com/HbNtz7oamf
The prime minister while addressing the conference, shed light on Pakistan’s export potential, eying trade balance with China.
There is big trade imbalance due to high imports from China and the current government has focused to raise exports to the friendly state to arrest the widening difference, he said.
Pakistan is a key country to export textile and sports items, he said, adding that export of surgical items is also important.
Highlighting the significance of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), Khan said that the multi-billion dollar is beneficial for both countries and it will connect to the Middle East and Gulf region. He added that the CPEC will usher in the vista of opportunities in the region.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020