Trump to block immigrants unable to pay for healthcare
WASHINGTON – The United States will block the entry of immigrants without health insurance or the ability to pay for medical bills, President Donald Trump revealed Friday.
Consular officers will only be allowed to issue visas to prospective immigrants who can prove they "will not impose a substantial burden" on the US health care system, according to a proclamation authored by Trump .
"Lawful immigrants are about three times more likely than United States citizens to lack health insurance," Trump said in the proclamation.
"Immigrants who enter this country should not further saddle our healthcare system, and subsequently American taxpayers, with higher costs.
"The measure will go into effect on November 3."
Last week, Washington also announced plans to dramatically lower its ceiling on a decades-old refugee resettlement program by 40 percent.
- Reports of borrowing $10.4 billion during PM Imran's innings ...10:56 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan Army from soldiers to generals well trained, battle hardened ...09:04 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan welcomes resumption of US-Taliban talks08:30 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Shamshad Akhtar removed as special assistant to PM07:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran launches Digital Pakistan campaign06:51 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Emma Stone is engaged to Dave McCary06:13 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton sends thank you note to Pakistani designer Maheen Khan05:20 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- UK based publication names Ali Zafar, Bilal Ashraf in ‘sexiest ...02:03 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019