NBP installs 'World’s Highest ATM' in Pakistan
Khunjerab Pass or Khunjerav (elevation 4,693 metres) is situated in the Karakoram Mountains in a strategic position on the northern border of Pakistan's Gilgit–Baltistan Hunza - Nagar District on the southwest border of the Xinjiang region of China.
National Bank of Pakistan has built an extensive branch network of 1400+ branches in Pakistan and operates in major business centre abroad. The domestic branch network has been automated and is online. The Bank has representative offices in Beijing, Tashkent, Chicago and Toronto.
The ATM, however, will function only during daytime and would receive power supply from a generator. Care has been taken to make sure it functions even in subzero temperatures.
In 2007, a centuries-old mountain pass in India on the Silk Route - Nathu-La - had added the world’s highest ATM counter at 14, 300 ft in Kupup.
The Union Bank of India launched the Nathu-La facility, beating a private bank, which had its counter in Thegu in the same area but at 13, 200 ft. Meant primarily for army personnel along the Sino-India border, the ATM also serves tourists.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England by 3 runs in 4th T20I11:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar due in Pakistan tonight by flight carrying PM Shehbaz Sharif08:36 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'I don't want an army chief of my choice; just want appointment on ...07:25 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Dananeer fangirls over Yami Gautum at Chicago South Asian Film ...06:40 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Humayun Saeed's Netflix debut 'The Crown' all set to release in ...04:32 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Saboor Aly’s new bold pictures set internet on fire02:18 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022